Frequently Asked Questions
Where is Wortham Center located?
The Wortham Center is located at 501 Texas Avenue at the corner of Smith, in downtown.
How many theaters are in the building?
There are two theaters inside the facility, the Alice and George Brown Theater and the Lillie and Roy Cullen Theater.
What is the phone number?
- Daytime Switchboard: 832-487-7000
- Box Office: 713-222-5400
- Fax: 832-487-7001
- Houston Ballet: 713-523-6300
- Box Office: 713-227-ARTS (2787)
- Fax: 713-523-4038
- Houston Grand Opera: 713-546-0200
- Box Office: 713-228-OPERA (6737)
- Fax: 713-247-0906
- Society for the Performing Arts: 713-632-8100
- Box Office: 713-227-4SPA (4772)
- Fax: 713-632-8122
- 24-Hour Security Desk: 832-487-7033
- Catering Service: 832-487-7032
- Facility Tours: 713-546-0200
For emergencies during performance hours, please contact the security desk.
Who performs at Wortham Center?
The Wortham is home to the Houston Ballet and the Houston Grand Opera. Other arts companies hold performances at the Wortham, including Da Camera of Houston, Society for the Performing Arts and Mercury.
Who owns the Wortham Center?
The Wortham is owned by the City of Houston and managed by the Houston First Corporation.
Are outside food and beverages allowed in the theater?
No outside food and beverages are allowed. A variety of food and beverages are sold in the lobby before performances and during intermissions.
Where can I park?
Parking information can be found on the parking page.
Where can I find information on holding my event at the Wortham?
Please visit the rental information page.